completed in 1906
The Wimbish House sits in a prominent Midtown location at the intersection of Peachtree and 14th streets, making The Wimbish House an impressive, easy-to-find destination with close proximity to hotels, parking facilities, and public transportation.
History and memories in the making
Commissioned by prominent Atlanta attorney William A. Wimbish as a residence befitting his family’s social status, The Wimbish House was designed by W. T. Downing, Atlanta’s most noted architect. Known for homes that were innovative and sophisticated, Downing was the preferred architect for Atlanta’s stylish elite, and he later designed many of Atlanta’s most prestigious public buildings, including The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Trinity United Methodist Church, First Presbyterian Church, and Lupton Hall at Oglethorpe University.
Designed in the eclectic French Renaissance Revival, or Chateau-esque, style, this lovely Victorian-era home is distinguished by steep gables, intricate detailing, and massive stone masonry ornamentation. Located at 1150 Peachtree Street and now a beloved Midtown icon, The Wimbish House is lovingly restored and is designated a national, state and city landmark.
The Wimbish House is owned by The Atlanta Woman's Club, and funds from its operation are used to support the Club’s charitable activities.
We look forward to hosting your event!